Reservation Terms and Conditions**All online bookings are subject to final approval by Maui Vacation Company/Monte D. Fitts, Realtors Bookings may be cancelled, and deposits refunded within 48 hours should your reservation not be accepted. **
Deposit: A deposit of 35% of the total rental rate, not including tax, is required upon booking. Full payment of the reservation balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. For reservations 21 nights or more, final balance will be due 90 days prior to arrival. No reservation is confirmed until the initial deposit has been received and acceptance of reservation policies and procedures is on file.
Damage Protection: A required $59 damage protection fee is applied to all reservations to cover accidental damage to the unit or its content for an amount not to exceed $1,000. Damage must be reported at the time of the incident to be covered under damage protection (items covered are limited to the rental unit you are occupying and do not cover guest personal items. Cause of damage to be determined at the discretion of management company). Damage costs exceeding $1,000 will be the responsibility of the guest and will be charged to the card on file unless management agrees to an alternate form of payment. Items not covered under the damage protection policy is any damage caused by neglect or misuse of the condo or its contents (to be determined by management company). If damage is caused by reasons not covered, guest will be responsible for full amount of repair or replacement of damaged items.
Monte D. Fitts, Realtors has the right to charge the credit card on file to pay for any charges due to the misuse of the unit and its contents.
Processing Fee: A processing fee of 4% of the entire booking total will be applied to your reservation. This fee is non-refundable. Hawaii State Taxes: Room rates are subject to applicable General Excise Tax, (GET), at 4.166% and a Transient Accommodations Tax, (TAT) at 10.25% Accepted Forms of Payment: VISA, MasterCard & Discover.
Extra Fees: Guests are subject to and liable for certain charges that are not included in our rates, as they are not under the control of Monte D. Fitts, Realtors or the Maui Vacation Company. There fees are set by The Whaler’s Homeowners Association and by their on-site management company (currently Aston Hotels). These include, but are not limited to, those listed below and are paid by providing a credit card to The Whaler Front Desk upon arrival.
*Please note all fees are subject to Sales Tax of 4.166% and could be changed at any time.
The known Extra Fees not included are:
• Resort Fee: $25.00 per night plus a combined tax of 14.416% and are to be paid directly to the “The Whaler” Front Desk upon check-out. (subject to change). This fee includes parking, free Wifi in each unit, beach/pool towels, use of beach chairs, use of the gym, sauna, BBQ’s, tennis courts, and free use of the washer/dryers on each floor.
• Phone Charges: long distance telephone calls are an additional charge plus tax.
• Key replacement
** All online bookings are subject to final approval by Monte D. Fitts, Realtors. Bookings may be cancelled, and deposits refunded within 48 hours should your reservation not be accepted. **
• Cancellations made 60 days prior to check in will receive a full refund of the deposit less the full reservation processing fee.
• Cancellations made within 60 days prior to arrival are non-refundable.
• For reservations 21 nights or more, cancellations made 90 days prior to check in will receive a full refund of the deposit, less the full reservation processing fee. Cancellations made within 90 days of arrival are non-refundable.
Room Assignments: In the unlikely event a situation arises whereby the accommodation specified on your confirmation becomes unavailable due to reasons
including but not limited to unforeseen repairs, service, maintenance, sale of the property or change of management company, strikes, or acts of God, Monte D. Fitts Realtors reserves the right to substitute alternate accommodations of similar type up to and including the day of your arrival. Our guests are of the utmost important to us and we will do all that is reasonably possible to ensure that your accommodation is as close to the original booking type and style
Cancellations Due to COVID-19
For all reservations within 30 days of arrival, should there be any government restrictions around travel to Hawaii during your reserved dates due to COVID, or anyone in your party test positive during the required pre-travel COVID testing, we will allow you to apply any monies paid, to a future stay within 1-year of your original arrival date. There will be no refunds given. If travel is not restricted, the cancellation policies will apply.
• Request to reduce or change travel dates entirely, must be submitted in writing and are subject to a $150 change fee. These changes are only permitted prior to final balance due date.
• The length of your stay may be extended subject to availability and must be submitted in writing. Additional rental charges and taxes will be charged accordingly.
• Once you have arrived on property, any unused nights are nonrefundable.
Travel Insurance: Because we adhere to our cancellation policy and care about the investment you have made in your trip, it is highly encouraged that you obtain travel insurance. We recommend Allianz Travel Protection (which is independent of Monte D. Fitts, Realtors) by calling 866-884-3556 or online: https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/quote.
Amenities & Supplies:
• Washers & Dryers: not all units have washer & dryers in them, and we suggest that you check with us prior to booking if this is something you require. However, free washers and dryers are located on every floor next to the elevators, in both towers. Laundry detergent IS NOT included.
• Linens & Towels: all beds will be made with fresh linens upon your arrival. Bathrooms will have several sets of towels, with a couple of spare sets. Should you require more, extra services can be arranged at and additional cost. Please contact our office, at 808-667-9703, and we will be happy to assist you with the pricing.
Our units’ kitchen’s come equipped with cookware, cooking utensils, knives, flatware, dishware, serving ware, drinkware, electric coffee maker, toaster,
blender, and tea towels.
Our company will provide “starter supplies” of a few basic items in each rental condo. These items include:
- Kitchen “starters”:
• paper towel,
• trash/garbage bags,
• dish detergent, (hotel size)
• dishwasher detergent
• new kitchen sponge with scrubber
- Bath Area “starters:
• several rolls toilet tissue
• bar soap (hotel size)
• shampoo (hotel size)
• lotion (hotel size)
Unlike a hotel, a rental condominium is a ‘home-away-from-home’, therefore all groceries and items other than those “starter supplies” that we provide, (as
above), are the responsibility of the guest to purchase. “Starter Supplies” will not be replenished during your stay unless additional cleaning is purchased or
A one-time check-out cleaning fee will be applied to your reservation and the cleaning charges are not included in the nightly rate. Guests staying 14 nights or more will receive a complimentary mid-stay cleaning in the middle of their stay. “Starter supplies” mentioned above will be replenished with this service.
**Daily maid service is not part of your reservation. As indicated above, there are free washers and dryers on every floor, next to the elevators, for you to use at your convenience. However, with a 24-hour notice and at an extra cost, additional maid service or ‘linens or towels only’ service may be arranged. If you would like to schedule additional service our company will be happy to assist you with the pricing.
Check-In / Check-Out Times:
• Check-in time is 3PM. Check-out time is 11AM.
• Requests for early check-ins or late check-outs are subject to a minimum charge of half of the nightly rate. When booking directly on our company website,
(www.thewhaler.com), if the reservation system does not allow you to choose it as an option, it is because there are back-to-back reservations on the same day and there is time needed for the maids to clean the unit between guests.
• Late check-out requests received less than 24 hours prior to check out, will be charged a $50 fee. We are happy to accommodate late check outs if available. However, please note that if you have a late departure flight, we recommend you book the unit in advance for a late check-out (1/2 night’s fee) if you wish to guarantee availability of the unit after 11am. Occupying the unit after 11AM without approval from our office will be subject to a fee up to the amount of 1-night stay.
Right To Enter: If necessary, Owner or Agent or their designated vendors, may enter the property in order to inspect or make necessary or requested repairs. Owner or Agent will give Guest at least 24 hours minimum notice (unless otherwise approved by guest) before entering the property and will only enter during reasonable hours except in the case of emergency.
Occupancy: The Property is for the sole use as a personal vacation residence for families and responsible adults. A guest age 21 or over must be present the duration of the stay. Occupancy is restricted to the number of people listed at the time of booking and shall not exceed at any time the max occupancy for that unit. Any violation to this rule will result in fines. Guest acknowledges that they will personally occupy the Property for the entire length of stay and will
not sublet. Tenant shall not use the Property for any illegal or unlawful purpose, nor shall the Property be used in a fashion that disturbs or offends the neighbors.
Service Animal Policy: As required by The Whaler on Ka’anapali Beach Association of Apartment Owners, (AOAO), a copy of the service animal certificate, along with a copy of the handler’s identification, must be submitted to them by our company, Maui Vacation Company. Therefore, upon making the reservation, guests are required to submit these documents to our company before we can finalize the booking. These documents may be sent to our company by either mail, fax, or email. Guests will be supplied the details for the sending at the time of making the reservation.
DISCLOSURE: The price of staying in paradise may include pests such as insects, rodents, strong sun and dangers in the ocean. We ask that you be aware of your surroundings and take appropriate precautions. Monte D. Fitts, Realtors manages properties for individual owners. Each owner furnishes their property as they wish within quality standards. Reservations are considered short-term lease/rents with the individual property and owner.
Terms and conditions are subject to change.